Thursday, September 18, 2008

COUNTRY SAMPLER CAME!

Okay, I said I'd fill you all in on the Photo Shoot for Country Sampler so sit back and relax.

They got here at 9 a.m. and it was CONTINUOUS from that moment until 7 p.m.

The only break they took was lunch - which I went out for and brought it back for all of us but we had a nice leisurly time sitting around the dining room table just chatting - gosh they were nice.

It was an amazing day and I was so surprised at all the tricks used like this one - the sun was gone from the kitchen side of the house by the time they got there so Michael put a tall light outside beyond the kitchen window and when we viewed the picture on their computer there was the sun shining in and leaving sun light on the cupboard and floor! There was no way to tell this wasn't real sun flowing in the window...cool huh?

You see so many times these cute little setups in groupings and think, how do they get these to look just right, well, many items were propped up with anything they could use which won't show in the pictures - like the little foot stool sitting on two Candy Land games for height. I went searching for the right things Pilar could use and walla - the games worked.

They started in the family room and den and at 1:00 when I left get lunch and bring it back, they finished and were heading for the bedroom shoot. After lunch they did the dining room and then the kitchen.

I don't know how many shots they took till they got the ones they wanted but the editor wanted 14 pictures total in the end...so for each of those 14 had approx 5-6 different shots to get the one they were going to use....lots of playing with light, positions, etc.

Pilar was so taken with the kitties she kept trying to get them in the pictures but they weren't going to cooperate until around 6:30 when they were wrapping up - she saw Lola sitting on a table in the screen room and so she took several pictures of her - hopefully one will end up in the magazine.

I took as many pictures as I could when they weren't behind the camera....we tried to stay out of the way although they were very nice letting us get as close as possible to watch and we would run for this or that if they needed a prop or something different in place of something.

There was a lot of take from here, put there.
So here's a small slide show of what they did all day long. I could have taken many photos but they would have been very similar - I imagine they were quite ready to drop by the time they left as well.

http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s125/kmprimitives/?action=view&current=a11fbcd4.pbw

16 comments:

  1. How exciting!....now you can get your Fall goodies back out safely!...can't wait to your home in the magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fascinating! The team that came here did not use digital photography so we only had teeny little Polaroids to look at to see how they looked. I guess each team is different and also, the team that came here were freelance. It was pouring rain so all the lighting had to be done inside too. Can't wait to see your home in print!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Karen, everything looks so cute! I'm so excited for you! I hope Lola makes it in the magazine - I love when they show animals in the pictures. It makes it feel like they're major members of the family. Have fun enjoying the natural high! I imagine you're smiling ear to ear!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen! I bet you were pretty pooped yourself when they finished. I'm so excited about seeing your home in CS. I wonder if you and Linda will be in the same issue. I guess you ran and got your fall decorations out when they left, huh? LOL I bet they loved shooting your wonderful home. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet that was so much fun but tiring! I can't wait to see your home in the magazine and yes, maybe you will be in it with Linda, that would be so nice.
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see your pics!!!
    I get stressed just thinking about a photo shoot in my house! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen,

    My heart leapt as I read about your day! I can just imagine how exciting that was! I can't wait to see your home in the magazine! I've wondered what kind of tricks they use and how much they change things around! That was interesting!

    I can't get your pictures to come up for me, but I'm going to keep trying!

    Oh, I'm SO excited! :)

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Talk about an exciting day! That's a day you'll never forget. I can't wait to see your home in the CS come springtime. You'll sleep good tonight. Tomorrow you can redecorate for fall again!
    Hugs~ Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the slidshow of your day with CS. Your house is beautiful.

    You have been tagged!

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen, not sure my post left a url back to my site...www.homesimplehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. how cool is that!

    Stop by and visit sometime....
    http://thebarberbunch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I can not wait to see your pictures in the Country Sampler. My ultimate favorite magazine!

    Now I have two homes to look forward to.

    It sounded like such a fun day and I love your pictures. From what I saw, you have a very beautiful home...very prim.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. thats awesome!! i cant wait to see the the pics in country sampler!! way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you have been tagged and have an award at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holy moly, how cool is that?! Congrats on the call, how did they hear about your house to begin with? Did they find your blog? We live so close, I should come see! LOL Your furnishings are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow ladies, I haven't been on the internet for days....we've been up north to my brothers and there is no internet there so I just got on here....
    Thanks for all the wonderful posts. I loved each of them. I would answer singly but the list would go on and on so I'm doing it all in ONE BIG THANK YOU EVERYONE!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you came to visit - feel free to leave a comment.
I will try and answer as many as I can - maybe not immediately but I will get to you!

Karen