Wednesday, May 13, 2009

NOTHING MUCH HAPPENING

Please know that I am still here!

I have been so busy finishing up orders so I can head for Pennsylvania tomorrow (Thursday).

I want to do some wholesale shopping for some particular items and on Saturday I'm meeting a huge group of gals from PRIM MART community forum - they have their annual convention going on in Harrisburg and on Sat. they are all heading for Lancaster and I'm meeting up with them for a day of shopping...fun huh????

The weather here has been beautiful but now today we woke up to rain!
Yesterday Doug and I spent the day running errands and I also baked a Rhubarb Cake - we finally have some usable Rhubarb from our patch out back...the last few years it has been tiny stalks and the leaves shrivel up before we can even harvest it......and we finally found out that there is a BLACK WALNUT tree about 50 feet away in a neighbors yard and they are poison to Rhubarb, Tomatoes and many different flowers....WHO KNEW!!!!

I will try and keep posting on the blogs while I'm away but probably won't get anything interesting posted here....I haven't even got my dining room back in order yet....WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME! Oh, it's all back in - just not where I want it yet so when it happens I'll take pictures.

I have the cupboards and pie safes in a different arrangement and I'm not sure if I like it so you just may see pictures of THE OLD ARRANGEMENT when I do figure it out - but at least you will see it all with the new floor - which I am still very happy with.
Now I'm thinking I would love it in my kitchen as well.

I sent out an update to the GATHERING OF FRIENDS to those that have responded to me.
If you want to consider joining us there's lots of time left to decide - just got to the link on the right side at the top of my sidebar to go to the post.

Have a great day!
Karen

16 comments:

  1. Karen, have a great time in PA! I'd love to do some wholesale shopping out there, I'd love to hear all about what they offer. Maybe you can e-mail me when you get back. Wish I were going with you! Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, enjoy your trip, I'll be waiting to see what you bring back.
    Hope you have good weather. Rhubarb Cake is so yummy, I just made hubby a Strawberry-Rhubarb pie.
    Have a Great day.
    Hugs, Bren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tis the season to be busy, busy busy! Seems like there's not enough hours in the day to get things done.
    I've never had rhubarb cake but I bet its mighty tasty!
    Have a wonderful time on Sat. :> )
    ~Peanut
    P.S. Your grandson is a doll!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, Have a great time in PA! I'm sure it will be a blast meeting up with everyone from Prim Mart!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen...Enjoy your time in PA! Like I have to tell you that! :) I am so jealous! And I will take a piece of that rhubarb cake! Yum-O!! Can't wait to hear about your trip and see any new goodies you may find! Take care. ~Sarah~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen ~
    Have fun in Pa. How great to be meeting up with the gals from Prim Mart. Can't wait to see what you bring back (and your dining room pictures). Dawn & I have been talking about the gathering & coming ~ she's waiting on the economy. We should know by the end of June, hope that's not too late.
    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you enjoy your trip. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures. :)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen,

    I think it's just a busy time of year for lots of folks! Have a good time shopping in PA! I can't wait to see the photos of your dining room floor and tweaking too!

    Have a great day!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great time, hope you find lots of great things! I wish I could go too. I'm sure you'll figure out the dining room eventually. I look forward to seeing your pictures. You have such a lovely home.

    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you have a good trip an I can't wait to see what all you get. I saw the rhubarb cake recipe above and I am going to try it. I have never had rhubarb. I am assuming I can buy it. Is it a fruit?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a lovely trip Karen! Sounds wonderful!~Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Karen,
    I hope you have a wonderful trip to PA. We have a few wholesale places about an hour from here and I know that they also have a place in Lancaster, PA. If that is where you are going...wow, do they have the prim goodies!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip when you get back.
    hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a fun trip to PA. Can't wait to hear about it when you get back. I inherited some rhubarb this year. How long does it keep growing? DH gave a friend some of it and then mowed down most of the rest!

    Take care and have fun,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

So glad you came to visit - feel free to leave a comment.
I will try and answer as many as I can - maybe not immediately but I will get to you!

Karen