Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Ready For Some Fall Prim Eye Candy

A couple weeks ago we took a ride westward in the state to visit MARY O’LEARY’S CABIN in Shullsburg, WI.
We were out for the day as it’s a 2-1/2 hour drive from our house so we took our time and stopped in Brodhead at a darling called HARVEST MOON.  This shop also has a coffee shop attached to it.  We didn’t buy hardly anything here because we knew where we were headed, so in a tiny bag was a 40 watt silicone bulb! lol  But hey, when you need one, you need one, right?
If you find yourself in Brodhead, WI stop in and see what she has to offer – we saw lots.
http://www.theharvestmoon.net/Welcome.html
I will put all her information on the ‘Wisconsin Shops’ tab just above.

So onward to Shullsburg through a huge thunder/lightening storm – but we made it!  And to our delight we were in Primitive heaven just driving up to the cabin -   had no idea what to expect but it did exceed whatever we thought we were going to.
I told Donna I would feature her on my next post and so here goes…I took 89 pictures with our phone camera and they are not so good.  I promise you there are not 89 pictures here but many – sorry for the quality but I forgot my camera…what???

On the grounds of MARY O’LEAR’S CABIN there is a beautiful old home that houses ‘stored’ items and then another cabin that is open with treasures as well.
The pictures are random – they are not in order of which cabin they are in – way too many to keep track.

You can find Donnas page and ‘like’ her on FB:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mary-OLearys-Cabin/576554919039134

 M O Cabin 2

 20140823_123309

 M O Cabin 25

M O Cabin 24

M O Cabin 3

M O Cabin 4

M O Cabin 6

M O Cabin 7

M O Cabin 8

M O Cabin 9

 M O Cabin 10

M O Cabin 11

M O Cabin 12

M O Cabin 13

M O Cabin 14

 M O Cabin 17

 M O Cabin 18

M O Cabin 19

M O Cabin 20

 M O Cabin 21

M O Cabin 22

M O Cabin 23

 unnamed

By stairway

 Cabin 1

 chair

cotton

main floor

Pumpkins

 Red santa

tobacco basket

unnamed

upstairs

 wall box
Here’s all of the open house information for the next few  months
Mary O’Leary’s Cabin is located at:
21875 Silverthorn Rd.
Shullsburg, WI

~ Pumpkins on the Vine September 26, 27, 28 from 10-5
On the 27th there will be music, food, vendors, pop corn, broom corn and pumpkins
~ Jack Frost Days October 17, 18, 19
~ Cabin Christmas November 14, 15, 16
~ Gathering of the Greens November 28, 29, 30
Fresh greens, tree tops, birch, prairie sticks, ribbons galore and how to workshops
~ Fill the Sleigh and Dash Away December 5, 6, 7
Both cabins are tucked full of antiques, make do's and hand-dids

Pumpkin line 

Saw this at an antique place awhile back and loved it
antique sign

Pumpkin line 

My next post will be a very long over due one.
Back in August we went to Lancaster, PA for the Lititz craft show and stopped in Chambersburg, PA  at Grant Street Woolworks.
I took a few pictures of Linda’s studio that is so full of luscious wools.

I haven’t taken a picture of the lovely sheep we purchased there as of yet because we are waiting until we put our Fall decorations out – he’s going on the top of the cupboard next to the fireplace in the family room…he’s a beauty (made of cement).

So thank you so much for visiting me today and if you get over to the western part of Wisconsin on any of the dates mentioned stop in and visit Donna – you’ll be glad you did.

Blessings to all of you

Karen

26 comments:

  1. Great pics of what looks to be a wonderful shop! Love this kind of place...you walk in and your heart beats faster and you don't know where to look first! Thanks for taking us along.
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!! I could spend hours (and money!) in there ~ thanks for sharing this beautiful shop with us ~
    L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well worth the road time. I didn't know silicone bulbs came in 40 watt! Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...I wish I lived closer.......I would love to go to that place. I'm sure my desire to live in a log cabin would be much stronger after being there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! What wonderful treasures to be had, if only I lived nearby!
    Thank you for the eye candy, it was thoroughly enjoyed!

    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadly Wisconsin is a long way from NC or I would love to visit this place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!!!!! I want one of everything, prim heaven. Thanks for sharing, I have to wipe the drool off my chin.:). Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to go there. Marla Gilbertson shared some pictures from when she went and I fell in love.Can't wait to see your sheep. Love them. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowza Karen! Looks like such a fun trip you had! cute shop and lots of goodies to be found! bet you were just clicking away w/all those pics you took ~ LOL

    Big hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am jealous! When we moved to Montana from Georgia, we moved away from anything primitive. I love the virtual trips on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori,
      Thanks for the visit. Oh isn't it frustrating to be so far from the GOOD STUFF. We have to drive quite far like to this shop and another one is 3 hours away so when we do go it's a days outing for us. Glad I can keep you entertained!
      Karen

      Delete
  11. OMG~~~ Karen~ prim heaven is right! I haven't been to her cabin, the shop when it was open a couple of times... and Bittersweets... on the way to bags.. we always stop! OLM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Drooling all over my iPad! What a great looking shop!could do some serious damage in there if they were closer. Thanks for sharing, waiting for the post on Grant Street Woolworks! They are on my list of shops for a road trip here in PA.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Karen!!!!! That was a treat to see!!!! Love her furniture pieces.
    Need to visit someday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw something I wanted in each pic. How could you not go home with a carload of goodies? Janice

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh dear everything is just so sweet *•*
    Sweetest hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Karen, love the little cabin, such a beautiful shop, prim perfect for sure. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome shop Karen! I'll have to put it on my list. Thanks for all the great pics. You get to some fun places. Will look forward to seeing Linda's studio. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh no I think my sister and I might have to take a day trip to this one! Thanks for sharing!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for sharing! That is just wonderful! SO much to see I'll have to keep going back over your photos to take it all in! Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Always loved to stop at her old shop, Tailings on the way to Galena, in fact liked it better than any shop I had found in Galena! When she said she was moving to a cabin I pictured a tiny place with limited "stuff" but it appears there is plenty of "eye candy". Thank you for sharing these photos! We'll be visiting during their event the end of September. Would be great to run into you again!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my gosh, I would love love love to go here. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my Karen what a great outing you had! Thanx so much for sharing the pictures! Wonderful primitive treasures!! Enjoy your evening!

    ReplyDelete
  23. hi Karen! I am from New York and my favorite place is anywhere in Massachsettes or Lancaster, Pa. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would love to live there with those beautiful houses surrounding me. Everything was so wonderful. If I had a shop like that I would be in absolute heaven. That is worth the drive.Can't wait to see your decorating. I can't wait to do mine, Karen do you know where I could find some bittersweet? Loved the pictures

    ReplyDelete

So glad you came to visit - feel free to leave a comment.
I will try and answer as many as I can - maybe not immediately but I will get to you!

Karen