Thursday, September 25, 2008

BAKED POTATO BAR LUNCHEON

When I was working outside the home I fell into a group of absolutely wonderful girls - well, at least we were girls then, now we have become ladies!

We worked side by side for 20+ years becoming buddies, sisters and confidonts - some left, a few more came in but we always were a group/friends.

We had many, many Friday night happy hours and many long lunch hours - I guess the bosses knew we were a tight group and never tried to quench our zest for friendship - nope, they joined right in! LOL, seriously - they became part of our group and are still our friends. My husband still golfs with my boss!

I have been retired for 8 years now but have never lost touch with them - most of them are retired as well so every 6 weeks or so we meet at a restaurant and whoever can make it shows up and we have a wonderful lunch.

I host a summer lunch and a Christmas dinner here at our home - something they all look forward to.

Yesterday I had them over for a Baked Potato Lunch - how much fun is that!!!

I didn't get as good a pictures as I wanted but at least I got some for my memory album.

Normally I have everything set up ahead but I knew were were going to be sitting and gabbing in the screen room and the toppings were refrigerated and the potatos were hot so I couldn't set any of it out ahead of time .... I didn't set the table either because I had no real idea of how many were going to show up...that's how our lunches are....so when it was time we all just pitched in and grabbed things and put it out...we were hungry! LOL

Enjoy the photo album:
http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s125/....nt=d45d79b2.pbw

11 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I worked with the same type of ladies when i was running the school and now they and some of the kids mom's come here several times a year to catch up. A baked potato bar is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like so much fun! It's so nice that you stayed connected with all these gals over the years.
    Glad you had a nice time!
    Hugs~
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  3. A baked potato bar is a great idea, especially for a ladies get together! It looks like you all had fun!

    Happy Thursday!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you all had alot of fun nd the baked potatoe lunch was a great idea!
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is wonderful that you ladies still get together...wish more around could adopt the attitude of friendship...now days you don't find many "true" friends....thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey everyone - guess what I had for dinner last night???? A left over baked potato! LOL
    If I had to give up any food IT WOULDN'T BE A POATAO...that's my comfort food!
    Thanks for viewing!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like a wonderful time~and thanks for the award~it's been so crazy this week, i haven't had time to post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Angie, you are welcome! I do love your site!!!!
    I understand completely about reading and posting...I've got to get my bu-- in gear and visit my girls sites on here!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, I did it but WITH ALL THE CREDIT TO YOU JENN!
    It's still not where I want it but at least I have a start....THANK YOU SO MUCH!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how I wish I could have been there!
    - one of the girls

    ReplyDelete

So glad you came to visit - feel free to leave a comment.
I will try and answer as many as I can - maybe not immediately but I will get to you!

Karen