Oh my friends, I just must be living a pretty boring life right now because I can not think of one thing to post about – seriously – nothing new is happening, nothing new has been purchased.
I’m hoping to change that in the next few weeks though.
We’re going to be re-doing our family room and den. No structural changes but the paneling is coming down and drywall going up, new carpeting as well. There are beautiful hardwood floors under the carpet but the room is very ‘cool’ in the winter so we really need the carpet. The only other possibility to have wood floors is to re-route the heat ducts but I seriously doubt that will do it – there are 3 outside walls and we get lots of wind from one direction especially.
This picture is from the week we moved into our house in 1979…lots of dark wood.
And 2014…waiting for new changes!
Hey…the leather sofa is for sale….$1000 to the first one…less than a year old!!!
Oh and we are having our screen room sofa cushions recovered (by Debbie, the same lady who did our sofa), they get a lot of use and have taken on an old look.
Here’s the fabric we purchased.
The store only had enough for the 6 sofa cushions so the 2 chairs will be done either in a Teal solid or a combination stripe. We have had one of the chairs stripe for 6 years now and I’m really tired of looking at it so hopefully we can find a solid.
Grungy Eggs in Egg Cartons....easy to do too!
Paper Egg Cartons (I used the ones Wal-Mart)
Plastic Eggs or any kind of faux eggs (I used the ones Wal-Mart)
Black Acrylic Paint/Tan paint
Instant Coffee (get the cheapest one you can find at Wal-Mart of Dollar store)
Cinnamon (get mine at the Dollar store)
Ground Cloves (cheapest you can get)
Paper Grass or something like that - straw works too
1. Cut your cartons either in half (6 egg holes) or in 3rds (4 egg holes)
2. Mix coffee crystals with very hot water...I use a lot of crystals so it is really dark
3. Paint the cartons with the coffee mixture - be careful though as they will tear easily the wetter the get
4. Put on baking pan and put in 280 degree oven for approx. 10-12 minutes to dry. Remove from oven and air dry the rest of the way - but they will most likely be very dry by now.
5. Paint eggs with either color - I did both - let dry
6. Brush eggs with Mod Podge and roll in Cinnamon and Cloves mixture - you can add a few coffee crystals if you like for a bumpier effect. You don't need to cover the eggs completely - just for your desired look. Let dry
7. Put a dab of glue in the bottom of the egg cup, add grass/paper strips, put a dab of glue on the bottom of the egg, set in grass - press a little to adhere.
8. Attach a handle of wire by poking it into the ends of the carton (on each side), give a twist to secure
I’ll add some photos here of my steps
(I had these eggs from other projects - the Tan eggs are from a different project and the paint cracked but it won’t matter because I’m grunging them)
The ones I painted Black
Grassy filler for the cups
And the finished product!
Hope you enjoy making them!
Have a fantastic weekend everyone