Sunday, September 21, 2014

Fall Fall everywhere!

The feel of Fall is in the air and there’s nothing more refreshing and awakening as the cool crisp mornings and the same for late evening/bedtime.  I love having at least one window open in the bedroom at night – I think one sleeps better with fresh air.

Last week it was so cool I made a large pot roast with potatoes and carrots and a yummy apple crisp.  It’s that time of year isn’t it, needing all those wonderful comforting aromas and tastes.  I  love Fall the most of any of the seasons.

I’m anxious for the Fall flea markets full of their wonderful pumpkins, gourds, squash and delicious hot cider and baskets of apples to make apple crisp and apple pies!

I have the house  ready for fall inside – not so much outside except for some wonderful HUGE pumpkins, 2 deep Red Mums and a  couple of large twig wreaths that are spruced up with Bittersweet. They are kind of sad looking though because the same Bittersweet has been in them for a couple of years and they sort of lost their punch. So I will be looking for some at the flea market next Sunday.

I am trying to cut back on my decorating (for all seasons and holidays)…do you all have as hard a time keeping that thought when deciding what to bring out?  I sure do.  Seems I get more and more each year when all I want to do is get less and less!

So I basically decorate with Pumpkins, Gourds and Bittersweet.
The vessels they are in are what is there everyday – I don’t add new containers so it works out quite well when taking it all down.

Okay on with the show!

KITCHEN
I love this table in the kitchen – it gets decorated for all seasons and holidays and sometimes (well most of the time it gets decorated with things that need to be taken out to the recycle bin lol)

Table in kitchen

Turkey on table

Top of pantry

Mitten box

Kitchen 1 

Kitchen counter 1

Bought this cute blue tin box this past weekend filled with these goodies.

Blue Box

DEN

Basket in den

Blue Lamp Table

Bowl Box

Crock on desk

Side table in den

DINING ROOM

 Dinng room table

 Dining room table

Bowl rack

Candle box

Pumpkin in trencher 

Gourds in trencher 

Gourds in screen room 

DR cupboard

 Large pumpkin

blue pie safe

Black walnuts

Gourd

Gourds on pie safe

Pewter

Dining room

Pumpkin on door

FAMILY ROOM

Family room

Pumpkin on cupboard

Sheep on cupboard

 Gourds on firescreen

Crocks on fireplace

Blue wall box 

 Coffee table

SCREEN ROOM

Screen room 1

Outdoor basket

DSC05200

grain bin

That’s my Fall decorating for this year
No outside pictures…sorry (but I bet you’re not!!!)

 

Anyone living near the area of these open houses and flea markets I hope you can make it – you won’t be sorry!

MARY O’LEARY’S CABIN
(I put all of the Cabin happenings for the rest of the year)
21875 Silverthorn Rd,
Shullsburg, WI
~ September 26, 27, 28  Pumpkins on the Vine
On the 27th there will be music, food, vendors,
pop corn, broom corn and pumpkins.
~ October 17, 18, 19  Jack Frost Days
~ November 14, 15, 16  Cabin Christmas
~ November 28, 29, 30  Gathering of the Greens
Fresh greens, tree tops, birch, prairie sticks, ribbons galore
and how to workshops
~ December 5, 6, 7  Fill the Sleigh and Dash Away
Both cabins are tucked full of antiques, make do's and hand-dids.

September 28 the last Elkhorn, WI flea market
this is a big one and you don’t want to miss it…lots of antiques, goodies, Pumpkins/gourds, broom corn, corn stalks and
soooo much more, oh and lots of great food.

 

Thank you every one for taking time to read my blog and following me. I appreciate everyone of you and would not be posting if it wasn’t for your faithful visits

Karen

 

34 comments:

  1. Wow. I have a mess and won't be decorating for this season, but I certainly enjoyed yours. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure did enjoy seeing all your photos!
    everything looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All wonderful decorations. I love that white and blue den vase. 'Wishing I lived in your area to attend all of the great flea markets and open houses :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your house is fall fabulous! Thanks for sharing! I LOVE FALL!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks just beautiful, Karen!! Love your home and your decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I love your home so much
    It's looking so lovely
    Huge hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Fall eye candy Karen.
    Thanks for the tips on the upcoming shows.
    Hugs
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful home and you decorated with just the right amount of autumn touches here and there! I keep trying to decorate less too... but, find it's not easy leaving some pieces in the bin or to give them away.... maybe I need a bigger house? lol! ;-) Happy Autumn to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really nice decorations! You arrange them so creatively,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen, I always love it when you post. Your decorating is so much like how my mom used to decorate with all her antiques. Such memories! I do not mind a post with tons of pictures; keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures! I too have a "recycle bin" table ;) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE LOVE all your pictures! I know it takes alot of time to put together decorations, or it does for me. LOL! You have lots and lots of talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning!
      well I put all that together on a Friday morning when we were expecting out of state relatives for the weekend - didn't think I could get it all out in time but it worked!
      Karen

      Delete
  13. Always beautiful, Karen. I love the peaceful approach to fall decorating....I always find it hard to stop, but I've been trying! Looking forward to Elkhorn this weekend...have a few things on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Karen your home is so beautiful and inspiring. Love this blog, thank you for keeping it up.! Hugz, Ree

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great decorating Karen! Love it that you share. You can't ever have TOO MUCH eye candy!

    Thank YOU!
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks scrumptious! That is the highest compliment I know. I love your bittersweet, as I haven't found any here yet. Marla sent me some she got at Mrs O'Learys and I am enjoying that. It is all beautiful Karen, you do have it down to a T. Every room, I could so enjoy a cup of coffee in your screen room.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for all the great pics! My goodness you did it up grand!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful Autumn goodies! Love it all Karen. Wish I lived a bit closer to visit these wonderful shows. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  19. You can NEVER post too many pictures....especially of Autumn decor. It's my favorite time of year. Thanks for sharing your beautiful home. Wish I were nearby - the flea market and open house sounds wonderful. Blessings, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have a warm n cozy welcoming FALL home!! Thanks for sharing it inspires me!! XOXO Love Fran.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my, so much eye candy Karen! It all looks just wonderful. You certainly have a good eye for putting displays together. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just beautiful as always! My favorite time of the year...other than Christmas...lol.
    Stop on by my new Blog and say hello.

    www.justlookingforabargain.blogspot.com
    char

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful decorations, Karen !! You really have a nack for just the right touches in every room ;)
    Happy Autumn to you !
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh my goodness Karen......beautiful beautiful ......everything looks perfectly placed....love all your fall photos' ......hope all is well with you...think of you often....

    ReplyDelete
  25. Simply beautiful, Karen.. You always decorate so wonderfully.. I love all that you do.. The garlands are my faves.. I need to dig out some decor and get at it.. Thanks for the inspiration as always..xox

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your home looks beautiful! So warm and cozy! Love your fall décor! I love the warm colors of fall. Sure wish I could find bittersweet around here!

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW! WOW!! WOW!!!! Your Fall decorating is GORGEOUS! I want to print the pictures and hang them around my (NOT gorgeously decorated) house!!
    And you know what....? These pictures would be wonderful posted on our new FORUM -- have you checked it out yet? I got your message, so I hope you'll be there SOON....!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Karen: Finally got around to reading some friend's blogs and realize how much I missed that! Well, if this is "minimal" fall decorating, it doesn't look like it to me! It must have taken hours to do all those arrangements. It all looks marvelous & cozy!
    Are you still thinking about that road trip up here? Remember to let me know; oh how I would love to meet you!!! Have a great weekend! {{HUGS}} Joy

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for the fab autumn inspiration. I just put away the summer things and pulled out fall myself on Monday. Its something in the air now, I think. And we have been thrilled to have the A/C off and sleeping with the windows open, too i have so enjoyed your blog and feel like you are my next door neighbor! Hugs, Linda in Eureka MO

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow Karen ! Gorgeous! Your fall decorating is awesome! You really do have that special touch! I LoVe reading your posts. Happy Fall!
    Hugs Marg.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my, Karen, your decorations are beautiful!! :-) I love this time of year!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you came to visit - feel free to leave a comment.
I will try and answer as many as I can - maybe not immediately but I will get to you!

Karen