Friday, November 21, 2014

IT’S ALMOST HERE!!!

And I’m not talking about Thanksgiving - although I’m really looking forward to it!
No…what I’m talking about is the craft show…one more week and it will be here so I have a few more days to create and tie up loose ends.

That’s what I am doing today – sewing pillow seams, making product labels, making sure every string is nipped, any wrinkles ironed out and it goes on and on.

I’m giving myself through Monday because I need to price EVERYTHING YET, and then it will be all packed up in totes until a week from today when we can go to the cabins and set up our booths.

But…being I haven’t been on here since the 6th I have a few things to share.
In October we went to Oaks, PA for the wholesale show. I was looking for great hand-mades for my show…even if we didn’t make it ourselves we can sell it at the craft show if it is ‘handmade’.

Got a few treasures to sell
I found these in one booth – these snowmen are about 30 inches tall
2 snowmen

These Santa pillows are a good size – approx 12 x 15
small santa pillows

And a smaller size
two lg pillows

I bought a few more items but they are packed in a tote and couldn’t get them out.

And…2 weeks ago we went to Arthur, IL for HOMESTEADER’S ON THE PRAIRIE show. AWESOME!!! Fantastic Primitive antiques and a few vendors had lots of wonderful handmade items. I found some grungy wax molded snowmen and a tree.
One of my fun purchases was from Rachel Engles of Too Far Gone Primitives.
This fine looking reindeer
Deer 1

Deer 2

And from Carriage House Lighting we got 4 wonderful lamps – I think 2 or 3 of these may go to the craft show (they are HAND MADE)

Floor lamp
2 lamps

lamp bath 

While in Pennsylvania I found a sweet little bear that just melted my heart (as much as a stuffed bear can lol )
He has stuffing coming out being held in with a rusty pin – his sweater is ragged and pinned as well. And sitting as his feet is a cute little sheep.
Bear 1

Bear 2

You know I love baskets and I found 3 that had to come home with me
The one on the right is a towel hanger. The middle one is an antiqued blue but it’s hard to see
 
Baskets

You know those Luminary flicker lights, well we found a vendor booth who was selling grunged up ones.
So I bought a 4 inch and a 5 inch.
She said she only uses the Ivory colored candles, dips them in hot wax and then rolls them and sprinkles them with Cinnamon and Cloves.
candle

So…I’m about done sewing, painting and gluing and so tired of working from 8 am to 9 pm.
Here’s some of what is sitting out

I had fun making these bell hangers – simple to do and will hopefully sell.
I have one that I leave hanging on a nail on our pie safe door
Bells

Several pillow – many are packed in totes but these were finished up this past week
I love these sleigh pillows!
 
Sleigh pillows

Two Christmas ones (and again, several are already in totes)
 
two christmas pillows

craft things

So much to go through and start pricing!! That’s the only part of this I do not like!
Craft totes

Our daughter in-law is sharing the cabin to sell her hand thrown pottery
Here’s a few of her Christmas items…see the sleigh plate!
jamies pottery

At the moment I’m working on two Penny Rugs done on a woven
piece of Family Heirloom fabric – I love the design on it and love how it’s turning out.
 
pennies

See the design on the runner part of this
pennies closeup

On to something fun now….Monday night we went out to dinner for our grandson Jesse’s 25th birthday
I can’t believe he’s that old – I remember like it was yesterday him running and playing through the house and being just a fun little boy – but he has turned into a wonderfully handsome, polite and intelligent young man.

Jess, dad Dan, mom Jamie, Doug and me.
 
us and jesse

Jesse 2

I so want to thank all of you out there that have hung in there with me being MIA for so long.
And through all of this I still have been getting new followers and new followers on Bloglovin.
I’m looking forward to the 29th be over with and then I can concentrate on cleaning our house and getting out the Christmas decorations….and maybe I can finally get back to visiting my blog friends.

I probably won’t post again until after Thanksgiving so I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving however you celebrate it!

Blessings to all
Karen

Pineapple line art[3]

28 comments:

  1. Looks like you are going to have an awesome both! Definitely planning on stopping in. Crossing my fingers for nice weather..it has been way too cold for me. Hope to see you next week! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. so this is where you have been.....fun fun fun....i miss those wholesale shows....wish i could come to your show at the cabin...but i think i am headed south....too cold for my bones here in snowville...hope you have a great show and a wonderful thanksgiving karen....big huggs...linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evening, love all they goodies,those snowmen and reindeer are. Adorable. Wishing your a great shw and Happy Thanksgiving.Blessings Francine

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have really been busy! Glad to hear from you. Good luck on your show!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck at your show! Love your lamps. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen you are so talented!!! I hope you sell out at your show!! :)

    Blessings,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen! Best of luck on your show and thank you for the eye candy!

    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Wish I could come to the show and buy many things from you!!! You have been very creative and busy! I hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Blessings to all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! It looks like your show is going to be great!! So many treasures...good luck..I'm sure you'll do well!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving and super successful show! I know you'll do well cause your work is amazing. Plus you'll meet tons of new friends and crafters. It's a win-win :) Enjoy every moment! Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Karen, you have been busy busy! Loved seeing some of your creations! Best of luck with your show!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great goodies...love the baskets. Have a safe trip Karen.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a Great Show Karen !!!
    Wishing you & your Family a Wonderful Happy ThanksGiving !!
    Hugs ~ Connie xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you have a wonderful show and I love that tall lamp! It is wonderful.Our grands do grow up don't they? Well I enjoyed our visit. Again, good luck with the show. BTW you do the BEST feather tree stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry I will have to miss this on because of out of town guests. Although I am trying to simplify my Christmas decorating this year, I did spy some goodies that are very enticing. Your creativity always amazes me. Good luck next week and Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I love it all, Karen.. Such lovely things.. I would like one of each of them.. I love the cushions, especially.. Your grandson is sweet.. They do grow up so quickly..
    Have a great sale and God bless.. xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been missing your post Karen! Have a wonderful show!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wishing you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving! Hoping to see you at the show!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Everything you have shown in this post is just wonderful!! I'm sure you will sell it all at the show...... if you have any of the jingle bell hangers left afterwards and are interested in selling, I would love to purchase one or two!!
    Love the penny rug and your baskets..... Happy Birthday to your grandson.... and wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. We have missed you a lot Karen. Boy have you been busy traveling and creating. 'Love the new items you bought and the ones you have made. I also love jingle bell door hangers. Those little santa and sleigh pillows are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good to see you again. Good luck with the show. I just LOVE those Sleigh Pillows! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, Karen!
    I loved your post,
    It made me want one of everything!
    Esp. the reindeer, that knocked my socks off!
    Hugs to the sweet little bear.
    Loved the penny rug too!
    Congrats to Jesse.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Karen.....I love your penny rugs! If only I lived closer I would love to attend the show. I'm from western ny....near buffalo where we just got 7 feet of snow! We are good now....the city is all cleaned up. We know the drill!
    Anyway, I also do shows but I am a watercolor artist and I know what you mean by packing, pricing and getting ready for a show.....especially packaging and pricing all my prints!
    Have a wonderful time at the show and I hope you sell out!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Thanksgiving Karen, wishing you much success with you show!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It all looks amazing, you are very clever. I wish I lived closer to visit the show. I think I may have to organise a holiday just to visit shows, primitive stores....lol. Those sleigh pillows are gorgeous. Look forward to seeing photos from your show!

    Love the pottery plates too.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Karen I love everything you have made. The Christmas tree, sleigh pillows. Beautiful. And your penny rug runner is to die for. The design of the material is gorgeous. I so wish I could go to your show. I know you will do fantastic. Your stuff is just to beautiful. And your daughter in laws stuff is great. Love Love Love

    ReplyDelete
  27. If only I lived close... I would love to attend the show - it sounds wonderful. Best of luck selling all your beautiful crafts.

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  28. My first time getting this..................LOVE IT! Beautiful primitive! Warm home!
    Thank you
    Christmas Blessings
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete

So glad you came to visit - feel free to leave a comment.
I will try and answer as many as I can - maybe not immediately but I will get to you!

Karen