Saturday, January 3, 2015

And so another one begins!

 

Pineapple line artOur New Year’s was nice and quite just like we like – no going out to dinner – it’s just something we have never done.
Doug had his usual crab legs…he ate all 4 lbs. of them! I am not a seafood eater although I do eat deep fried shrimp and that’s what I had.  This is what’s left of the 4 lbs….NOTHING BUT SHELLS.
cab legs 

Pineapple line artLike I need more Christmas decorations, right?  Well this great little shop by me had some wonderful Mache houses/barns and I had my eye on this little (big) beauty – I thought it was a barn but Doug said it’s a Church – but anyway I loved it and loved the deep Red color.  She had all of her Christmas at 1/2 off so I bought it.
Barn Church 1

Barn Church lit

It will go with this grouping but it will have to find a new place because they now go across the whole top and one more won’t fit in.buildings

All Christmas decorations are down and packed away – house is bare and I love it – some things will not come back up from the basement and that’s okay with me…I’m going to try and de-clutter….wish me luck!

 

Pineapple line artThis past August I made contact with 2 friends that I hadn’t seen or talked to since 8th grade – 1958!
Lynn lives in Florida and we have chatted on the phone a couple of times.  She’s coming to Wisconsin in May for a granddaughters graduation so hopefully  we will be able to meet up someplace.

Linda – lives in our home town of Janesville.  She has lived there since she got married at around the same time as I did and I never knew it.  It would have been wonderful to have known but we lost track of each other.
But in August her husband passed away and we went to the funeral and said we’d keep in touch this time.
And we did….last Tuesday we went to Janesville and had a great visit!  Linda loves Pink – her entire house is done in Pinks and she even wore pink!
Karen and Linda

Pineapple line artSo 2014 was a great year in so many ways.  Wonderful friends and a great family.

Karen

19 comments:

  1. Ours was quiet also but that is fine with me. I love your new lit house. I have not gotten everything down yet but the tree is gone and packed away.
    I would love to keep it simple but I love to many of my pieces.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Yer! Love those mache houses. Kings on rte 772 in PA has a beautiful selection of them. I have one. Hoping for more next year! So nice to hear you reconnected with your friends. New adventures lie ahead! Hugs, Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, love your new barn/church, it could pass for both. So nice of you to reconnect with your school friends! Wishing you a Happy New Year! Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you! I love your barn/church. We had boiled shrimp and KC strips for New Year's day, my in-laws have been doing this for the last 18 yrs or so.I didn't realize you were in Wisconsin-- My 23 yr old daughter is moving to Wisconsin this coming week to work at Land's End. I'm excited and sad she'll be at least 8 hours away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a nice start to the new year. Love the church!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Karen!!!
    Glad you got in contact with your friends. That is wonderful!
    Love your barn/church. It's beautiful!
    Take Care and stay warm!

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year dear Karen.. Like you I want to declutter ... Here's hoping ... So nice for you to connect with old friends.. Lovely...
    Have a great year pretty lady.. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, I love the barn as well. I actually sold one in my shop this year! It was so beautiful I wanted to keep it for myself! Looks like you have been busy as well! I am still enjoying my decorations for another week before they will be stored away! Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had crab and shrimp for New Years Eve. So wonderful that yoou have re-connected with old school friends. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year, Karen! I love your little barn/church. No decorations, here. I didn't decorate this year and it just seemed so peaceful because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karen, it is me Betty.lol I am on a grandson's loaner.lol He has mine and is updating, cleaning and all that jazz. Well I must say New Years eve supper looked fantastic. I LOBE seafood. How nice to meet up again with old friends. You know I have reunited with some of mine and I can't describe how good it is. Love the "pink" story. I had a freind who was that way with purple. Makes life interesting. Happiest of New Years Karen, and may our paths connect again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karen ~
    It's been a long time since I've had crab legs. So much work but so worth it :)
    Sweet that you've reconnected with old friends.
    Happy New Year.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Karen!
    Love your new church/barn! Love the color red too and I would have had to grab it at half price like you did!
    Happy New Yr. It's wonderful to reconnect w/old friends!

    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year Karen... I LoVe the red barn. Isn't it great when you wait and it's still there and at 1/2 off. Great find! I have kept in touch with friends I met in high school and it is just so nice...I always look forward to reading your posts .....have a wonderful
    week.
    Hugs Marg

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was happy too to take down the Christmas decorations and shipped a lot of older ones to my DD in Oregon where she just moved in Oct. We have also been decluttering and hoping to have a moving sale when weather is better and snow is gone.We are now only about 15 miles from Janesville and I go there to shop at HL and Michaels pet food store and a few other places usually about once a month. I have gone back to making soap now and go to Janesville for supplies. Lynn and Dani and I have bonded together with our hand made items and are having a give away this month...we are each offering one of our hand made items so go to my blog for the link when you get a chance and enter . I of course am offering some of my bath items and you will see what they have when you go take a peek. Here is to having a great 2015 for all of us and maybe we can meet up some time in Janesville when you go again..See you soon I hope...Hugs Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Karen, long time no see. I'm your blog pal cootie bug and after having months of blog issues I'm finally able to leave comments on yours. (long story) So I'm stopping by with a comment to say hello and attempt to once again reconnect.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think it kind of looks like both a barn and church. I love the color

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy New Year Karen! Wishing you a healthy and successful 2015! I love your new "Barn Church".

    Stay warm and enjoy your winter,
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete

So glad you came to visit - feel free to leave a comment.
I will try and answer as many as I can - maybe not immediately but I will get to you!

Karen