Monday, November 12, 2018

FESTIVE TIMES ARE COMING!


The wonderful festive family times are almost here...Thanksgiving and Christmas.
So many things to reflect on at Thanksgiving...so many things to be thankful for.

Christmas...opening gifts and celebrating. But we all need to remember during those fun moments the real reason we can celebrate...our one huge gift of all.


I have finally caught up on orders for my penny rugs and can now
give my full attention to things around here.
This one was very hard to part with...it is 19-1/2" x 51-1/2"
I mailed it this weekend so hope she loves it as much as I do.

This one will get shipped to IL today!


Last week we got new carpeting for our family room, stairway and upper hall.
We disliked the carpet we had installed 4 years ago and could not wait to replace it...
now the room looks like it should - Warm and cozy.

Here's the room with the old carpet...it's a beige but shows a very pink tone with red.
Even after vacuuming it always looked dirty where you would walk and it wasn't dirty.
Very frustrating.





The next project here is stripping the wall paper in the den, painting and then stenciling.
We can't make up our mind though if we want to carry the family room paint color into the den or do it a light color. So I painted several poster boards and will do a mock stencil to see how it looks on that paint color.

Thes are kind of blurry but these are the designs I'll be using.

This is the divider

This one will be all around the top (below the crown molding)


These will be down the wall (between the divider)



I want to thank all my wonderful customers who purchased all my left over merchandise from the show....it is now all gone!!!
Except for the gourd garlands...we have a few left that I put ON SALE.
If interested check them out here - sale goes through the 15th:


I'm anxious and ready to get going on Christmas decorating but that will start the day after Thanksgiving....how about you, when do you start your Christmas decorating?

Blessings to you all and thank you for visiting!
Karen

6 comments:

  1. Your new carpet looks so much better! I just love your penny rugs, I can see why they can be so hard to part with. We don't decorate until after Thanksgiving as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your penny rugs are magnificent.
    I, too, start my Christmas decorating after Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your penny rugs are always so pretty Karen!

    Don't you hate when carpet does that. I mean really... who makes carpet that does that and think people aren't going to notice?? I love the new carpet color, it blends in well with your decor. I know you're glad that is over!

    Nothing ever slows you down, does it? Hehehe! I love the stencil design you've chosen... it's going to be gorgeous!

    I used to be a humongous fall lover back when I decorated with prims so I started decorating in August and left it out till the beginning of December. Now that I've slowly been changing out to lighter and brighter colors, I don't love those fall colors as much as I used to. I start decorating for fall in October and take it down after Thanksgiving. Spring is now my favorite season!

    Can't believe it's been so long since I've visited your blog. Glad I can stay in touch with you on facebook. Although... I'm real tired of it and spending less time there. Have a great week girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So love your penny rugs and your new rug does look so homey now. A perfect rug for a perfect room. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m so happy you have a carpet that makes your heart happy. Ooh, those stencils are beautiful. I can’t wait to see the finished product. Judy

    ReplyDelete

So glad you came to visit - feel free to leave a comment.
I will try and answer as many as I can - maybe not immediately but I will get to you!

Karen