Sunday, June 4, 2017

KEEPING BUSY

I just can't seem to sit still - I was supposed to go away this weekend but plans didn't materialize so I tore into some much needed work around here.

See these pictures of the family room beams/baskets??


Here's where they all ended up!


This year I took pictures of the placement before taking them down so the chore of putting it all up again would be a tad easier (on Doug!).  We can switch around a bit but the arrangement works well the way we have it so don't want to mess it up.  I know, some of you probably do this more often - but it really isn't the most fun tasks to do so they get washed once a year come Spring/Summer!

Then inside to get other things done...it is 89 degrees right now and I have had enough of out doors heat - last week I started making more 'eggs' - this time they are a Robin's Egg Blue - aged a bit and then sprinkled with Cinnamon and Cloves - Oh they smell soooo good!  I had a hard time finding the exact color that was in my 'minds eye' so I had to make my own.  Blue plus a bit of Brown and lots of Green and it worked!!


I have ours tucked in with my redware eggs
I will have them for sale on my website later today.

Yesterday we went to Dan DiPaolo's barn sale and found this sweet Bakery sign - found the perfect spot next to the pantry

If you are in the area - here are his open hours


That's all for me this week.
Hope you all had a wonderful and safe holiday last weekend.

Blessings
Karen

10 comments:

  1. Karen, you are one busy woman! Baskets & drieds are a chore but look so nice all hung on the beams.
    Your making eggs faster than hens!!! They look wonderful.
    Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that egg color. I've tried mixing that shade before and it was not easy to get just right. I always loved the basket dipping and drying ritual, but now they are all stored in the attic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue. They are just beautiful. That was a clever idea to take a picture. I see you had your energy bar too. I love the sign. What a perfect place for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the eggs !
    Love the idea of taking a pic before moving things around !
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Washing baskets--such a worthy labor of love. I love the eggs, and it is a great reminder I still plan on creating some redware eggs from the emu eggs my mother gave me some time back. Thanks for the inspiration first and then the reminder. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen,
    Love the lineup of those baskets!! It was very smart to take a picture of it first!!
    The eggs are so pretty and look perfect with your other ones!! Candy bars really do help make the work go faster!! I also have a Bakery sign and just love it!!!
    Hope you have a wonderful week!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the baskets. I do the same thing with the pictures. We even do our seasonal decorating from photos. I do change things but at least it gives you a starting point!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dear friend I love everything so much.
    Sending you big hugs and love x

    ReplyDelete
  9. شركة الأوائل توب للتنظيف بالرياض
    0506003079
    تعد شركة الأوائل توب لخدمات التنظيف من الشركات التي تحمل تاريخ كبير جدا في ذلك المجال مما يجعلها تتصدر قائمة شركات الخدمات المختلفة من حيث الجودة والمهارة والخبرة كما تعتمد الشركة علي تقديم أفضل مستوي من الخدمة بأفضل الأسعار الموجودة في المنطقة بكاملها حرصا على مصلحة العميل في المقام الأول وحرصا منها علي تاريخها الكبير في مجال الخدمات كما توفر الشركة مجموعة من أقوي الأجهزة الحديثة المتطورة التي تستخدم في عملية التنظيف كما أن كافة الأجهزة الحديثة والمنظفات المختلفة المستخدمة تتماشي مع كافة المقاييس العالمية


    شركة تنظيف بالبخار بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف موكيت بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف شقق بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف فلل بالرياض
    شركة جلي بلاط بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف مجالس بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف مساجد بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف مدارس بالرياض


    ReplyDelete

  10. شركة الأوائل توب لمكافحة الحشرات بالرياض 0506003079
    توفر الشركة الكثير من المواد الحشرية والمبيدات المختلفة التي تقوم بالقضاء بشكل كامل علي كافة أنواع الحشرات الموجودة بالمكان كما توفر أكثر المبيدات أمانا علي صحة الإنسان أثناء الاستخدام كما أن كافة المبيدات المستخدمة لا تحتاج إلي إخلاء المكان حتي يتم الرش يمكنك رش المكان بكل سهولة ودون مغادرة منزلك، كما تتميز أسعار الشركة بالتميز مقابل مستوي الخدمة المقدمة من خلالها

    شركة رش مبيدات بالرياض
    شركة مكافحة فئران بالرياض
    شركة مكافحة البق بالرياض
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض
    شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالرياض
    شركة مكافحة الصراصير بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف وتلميع سيراميك بالرياض
    شركة عزل خزانات بالرياض

    ReplyDelete

So glad you came to visit - feel free to leave a comment.
I will try and answer as many as I can - maybe not immediately but I will get to you!

Karen