Monday, April 23, 2018

FINISHED!!!

FINALLY the bathroom remodel is finished...it is NOT Primitive and just shy of Colonial - we had a rather dark bathroom before and didn't want another one if we were going to go through all the work. We kept it light but tried to keep some Colonial influence.
The color palate is white, light gray and aqua - colors I never thought we'd have in our home...these are in my opinion a farmhouse palate but it works!
I do need to make some white curtains though. Made the gray but we don't like them but they are there for now until I can get some white ones made. I really want ruffle edge like Country Curtains had when they were in business....we have them in our family room and den but I've looked on line and just can't find any similar.
We hadn't intended to do anything with the tub/shower because of the horrid tile and it would have meant tearing out all the drywall on walls and ceiling and we weren't sure if we wanted that kind of mess right now. So I said I was painting it with an enamel paint and I didn't care if it peeled monthly, I would repaint it as I needed BUT we found and epoxy tub and tile paint and so I painted it last week and we are sooooo happy with it.
There are before and after for each view.



















That's all I have this time around....
thanks for stopping by!

Karen

15 comments:

  1. Karen it is quite a transformation and hope Doug is recovering from his accident. I love the stenciling you did and the new floor looks great. That's exactly what I have been looking at for our guest bathroom downstairs because it's such a clean, classic look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks just gorgeous Karen! What a difference. We did ours last year...after years of having a pink bath and it is so nice to have a new one. I am sure you are loving yours now too, even though not much colonial...but did see a few touches of it! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks just wonderful. Our bathroom is a bit like yours. I would not call it primitive at all and barely colonial but it is light and feels good when you are in the room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your bathroom layout. Everything looks really nice, light, and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful! I know you are enjoying it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All beautiful Karen. The make over is so fresh and nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Just love the colors, the room looks so much larger and yes it does have that sweet, comforting colonial look. I love it. Great job. Take care,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so nice! And of all things, I notice the commode. It's not sitting on the floor, is it? Seems like a good idea to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the before AND after photos, lol. Really beautiful Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m thrilled for you, Karen. It looks beautiful. Congratulations! Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow I love the Shaker cabinets. And The brightness. And the shower. And....well, our bathroom needs a re-do, too. It’s getting higher on the priority list after seeing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is beautiful Karen! A lot of work but well worth it in the end, right?? I'm like you... never thought I would have white, gray, and aqua in my home but it is slowly creeping in! I'm loving the lighter look it is bringing to our home. More and more of the blacks and browns are being brightened up with white. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just wanted to say thank you for sharing a great information and useful. it really necessary and timely for me at this time. I've read a lot of blogs and visit but they made me feel boring. Your article made me feel strange and fascinating it attracted me. I wanted to share this information with my friends on the social network facebook.!

    Residential Plumbing Tampa

    ReplyDelete

So glad you came to visit - feel free to leave a comment.
I will try and answer as many as I can - maybe not immediately but I will get to you!

Karen