Friday, July 23, 2010

Pineapples and Quilts

Pineapple line art   Nope, they don’t relate to each other…just a heading…lol

I guess I’ve run out of things to post about, at least for awhile.
Nothing real interesting happening so I got to thinking of what I could take pictures of because I know you all love photos instead of long paragraphs just like me!

I looked around the house and thought of my Pineapples – one of my favorite things to decorate with although I don’t have too many and they aren’t ‘in your face’ – just a few here and there.

I really don’t know when I fell in love with these fruits as decorative accessories but they sure go hand in hand with Colonial/Primitive decorating.

The Pineapple is the symbol for Hospitality and Welcome, so that works for me….I love people, I love company, I love to entertain and I love my home, what more can I say.

My first pineapples were two that I purchased in Pennsylvania. One is on a scale in my kitchen, the other is in a round jar on my kitchen counter and it took off from there but like I said…there aren’t many.

Pineapple on scale

Roundjar 

This Pineapple is actually an ornament but I use this one in a box on my pie safe
Pineapple in box

Hard to see this one but it’s on the left side of my 2 gallon lighted jar that sit’s on my other pie safePineapple in light jar

Just a little stuffed and stiffened Pineapple Make-Do
Pineapple on bows 

Wool stitched framed Pineapple 
pineapple picture

This is a Resin one I purchased at JoAnn’s many, many years ago…it measures 13 inches tall and sits on a square base…one of my favorites.
Pineapple in Riser

And this little one is on a long pick that I bent up to fit in this large wall basketPineapple in basket

One of my runners I made
Pineapple runner

And last….my kitchen soffit border paper…very subtle but love, love, love it.
Pineapple border 

LET US SEE YOUR PINEAPPLES!

(Edited: A customer just sent me photos of the Chair Doilies she ordered.
Aren’t they wonderful?  And they’re Pineapples…lol)

Judys doilies

 

Pineapple line art  Yesterday (Thursday) we went back into Janesville to meet my Niece to pick up the quilt she made for me for our daughter in-laws birthday (which is today!) Happy Birthday Heather!

Now the pictures just don’t do justice to the colors Tina used – we both picked them out but she chose the print which I didn’t like at first when she showed me the fabric but after searching for something else it became a favorite….Tina has a good eye for working fabrics and colors together.
Guess that’s why she makes quilts and I don’t.

Quilt 2

Up close
Quilt close 

The backside
Quilt backside

Pineapple line artWe’re heading up north very early in the morning for Doug’s Cousins Reunion and won’t be back till late Sunday night so i won’t be on here – no internet up there where we’re going

Pineapple line artHave you been over to Primfills yet…oh my gosh what a fantastic website.
Jobeth has talent not only for creating but for writing…please go on over and peek at her website….it’s not just a shopping experience – you will be delighted and entertained as well.
You won’t regret your trip and visit….believe me….and if you could…why don’t you help her by posting on your blog sidebar…everyone should see her site! And if you have a website – trade links with her!

http://www.primfills.com/primfills_002.htm

Primfills

Pineapple line art

Hugs, Karen

17 comments:

  1. Have a great weekend. The quilt is beautiful, I love all of your pineapples and I REALLY love your pineapple penny rug!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love pineapples. I have a few throughout my home as well. Your daughter in law will love that quilt. Its beautiful. Have a great time at the Reunion. We are off to Myrtle Beach for the next two weeks. They say it is screaming hot down there. Can't wait!
    Hugs,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen,
    Jobeth is such a wonderful loving person inside and out, enjoy your trip to NC, it's VERY hot here! ~ Tandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen,
    Oh what wonderful eye candy!!
    I LOVED seeing all your pineapple displays.

    To me, Pineapples just scream Colonial!! Don't ya think? ;)

    Have a wonderful weekend!!
    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Karen,
    Now I know why you wanted my Pineapple lamp..LOL
    I too love pineapples.. got several throuoghout my house..I'll have to take some pics of all my pineapples.. guess we could do a " pineapple show-off".
    anyway, you ain't gettin' my lamp !!LOL LOL
    blessings,
    Maurine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen~

    Thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures of the pineapples in your home. Have a great trip.

    Hugs~Becky
    P.S. Your craft show flyers are on their way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a few pineapples and I really like them. The runner you made is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that quilt and love the colors..love your pineapples too:) have a great weekend.;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI KAREN... LOVE YOUR PINEAPPLES ESPECIALLY THE MAKEDO .. THE QUILT IS LOVELY ALSO..
    RECEIVED MY ORDER AND IT IS WONDERFUL.. SUCH GREAT WORK THAT YOU DO.. I KNOW I WILL SELL EVERYONE...
    THANKS AGAIN...
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen ~
    I'm with Faye Henry ~ my favorite is the make-do, but they are all wonderful. Thank you for sharing and I do love seeing pictures!
    Have fun at the reunion.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Karen, Another GREAT post. I LOVE pineapples also.
    They just seem to fit right in the colonial theme!!!
    You have a SAFE and FUN trip. I can't wait to hear all about it!!!
    I will miss you my friend,
    Hugs,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Karen - love all your pineapples - my favorite is your pineapple runner. I also LOVE the pineapple in the jar light - too cool!
    What a gorgeous quilt!!! Your daughter-in-law is going to adore it!! Enjoy your trip/reunion!!

    hugs
    Neenee

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've always enjoyed the pineapple motif. I have one that I bought at a prim store but for the life of me, I couldn't find it right now. When all this remodeling is finished and the house back together, I think I will pull it out and put it on the dining room table with a centerpiece.

    Love the quilt....I have made two of that pattern. Very fun and warm!! NOT what we need right now! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Karen: I, too, love your pineapples and what great ideas...love the lighted jar and Make-Do. and what a great quilt for your DIL; those quilts are a ton of work!
    Have a fun trip...reunions are always fun!
    Joy
    redesigngal

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun post, love seeing what other people decorate with. You're right, pineapples just say colonial! Hope you have a fun, creative week, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Karen, thankyou thankyou thankyou for paying me a visit and for the invite to join your popular selling blogs, I am going to make my way over now and find out what I need to do to become a member. I have read all your lovely kind words and again I thankyou for taking the time to leave such lovely comments.

    Now to your wonderful post, loved all your pictures of the pineapple displays, such fab prim eye candy!

    Have a wonderful day,
    Warm Prim Hugs
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love pineapples also and like you, I just have a few here and there. I fell in love with them many years ago when I learned what they stood for in Colonial times. I enjoyed looking at your collection of them.

    The quilt is beautiful. The colors and prints blend well together. I'm sure Heather will love it!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you came to visit - feel free to leave a comment.
I will try and answer as many as I can - maybe not immediately but I will get to you!

Karen