Saturday, November 9, 2013

I’m settling in…

I love this time of year – it’s a nesting kind of feeling and so warm and comfortable.
Time to enjoy the crisp days and nights and think about what is to come in the next several weeks…I’d say ‘months’ but it is mere weeks till Christmas.
I love the thought of Thanksgiving coming and enjoying the smells of baking and cooking – and then the mad mess…decorating for Christmas starting the day after Thanksgiving.
I would like to say it gets DONE the day after Christmas but it’s just the BEGINNING….lots of Fall to put away and many totes brought up from the basement.
Thank goodness for strong arms and young bodies of the grands!  They don’t know it yet but after dinner and dishes on Thanksgiving day they are all pitching in to bring down the Fall decorations.
I have decided to make it a group effort and it will get done fast.  Then up with the totes before they go home (oh, and all the trees too will come up).

So that’s where I am right now – feeling warm and cozy.

But in other parts of the house there is hustle and bustle.
Our grandson Jesse and his cousin Jesse have been coming over every day to help redo the upstairs.

We started with the craft room closet.  Tore out EVERYTHING and then they primed and painted.  Then Doug installed the new closet hardware/shelves.  Looks mighty fine now….and smells even better.  Nothing ickier than an old house and a small room that always has the door shut.   Fortunately it’s a fairly decent ‘walk-in’ for an older home.

After they finished painting (I see they didn’t remove the tape on the window…)

…click on pictures, some will show up larger if needed…

Closet  1 room 2

Closet  2 room 2

Closet  3 room 2

After the closet hardware installed
 
Closet finished 1

 Closet finished 2
It is now filled with seasonal clothes!

Then they moved on to the guest room – that is a bear….they are stripping off old paper that has been painted over.
It is a horrible and long job…today they are finally using a steamer.  Can’t say how long it will be before it’s finished but they have never done painting or anything like this before and they are doing a great job.
The paper goes up on to the sloped ceiling part as well…which is what they are working on today.
Guest room 3

Guest room 4

Guest room 6

And the poor craft room is a jumble of things from the closets and the guest room.
This will be the last room we do as it is the catch-all for now.
The two bedrooms will be painted a kind of Khaki if I can find the right shade.
Craft room remodel 3 

craft room 2

So on to some good stuff – how about some treasures we bought when in PA…I was going to show you on my last post but it got too long.

I have seen these oblong wreaths this year and found one at a shop in Lititz.
I love the aged Candy Cane!
 
Vine wreath

At the Candle Barn at Kitchen Kettle I found a long Mercury ornament
Ornament 2

More stockings – long and aged – 2 red and 2 stripe, to hang on the mantle.
stockings

Hopefully these Two tin sconces will hang in one of the guest rooms – if they won’t work because of the sloped walls then I just may sell them (so watch and see what happens in case you like them).
Sconces

One large and 2 smaller wispy Green wreaths – I think the large one will go around the neck of the wooden Goose we have.
We found these at Cocalico Creek in Lancaster and they had them on a White Goose.
wreaths

Resin Candy Canes and some Red/Green sprigs.
Candy Canes greens

Battery votive candles – but they are a nice size – about 5 inches tall.
candles

Are you sick of looking yet??? If not, here’s more.

Table risers for serving hot foods or just for space saving, do you use them?
I do and they really are nice to get things up off the table, easy to put more things on the table around it.
I bought 2 different sizes (and the bundle of dried Yarrow from Pheasant Run Antiques).
Table risers

Love this long pillow – it isn’t going to be on the brass bed – I don’t like the 2 styles together.
It will go on the White iron bed when the other guest room is finished, but I needed a place to set it for the picture.
Actually I do not want my Brass bed but it’s too good to get rid of.
I’m considering having it spray painted – but it will still have that Victorian look to it – so not sure what is going to happen with this bed.
long pillow

A few Family Heirloom Weaver table squares and table cloths.
Bought them at 3 different shops in PA.
Actually the 2nd from the right I sold already!)
fhw products

And a pillow
red pillow

Much needed tissue paper.
Tissue 

Then when we were at Roots market this lady made these cute little all cloth dolls ,
perfect for Miranda’s age.
Plus she embroiders the name of
the child on the outfit.
I think Miranda will have fun with it – it’s real squishy.
Mirandas doll

Yesterday (Friday) we were up north because I had to deliver some merchandise to Country Freckles so she had it for her Christmas Open House which is going on right now folks for those who live close enough to Wisconsin Rapids.
Anyway, I bought more wool from her and these sweet Mercury ornament trees.

Wool from CFreckles

 Mercury trees

Then on the way home we stopped at Whetstones on Hwy. 73 W. and found this iron double candle sconce.
 
Candle holder 1

Before heading up north I had a rush on making cupboard prints for the shop – they actually got finished within the hour of packing up!
prints on table

prints on table 2 

We had a request for an Arnette Santa from a customer here for when we went to wholesale in PA a couple weeks ago.  She said as long as it had a Red coat she didn’t care what else it looked like so she picked it up today – and LOVED IT….we did good I guess, but then who wouldn’t like them, huh???
Santa for customer 

Santa side ways

So there you have it everyone…the shopping treasures and what’s been happening at and around our house.
With all my orders basically done for good (except for things I care to consign – if I want to anymore that is), I’m settling in like the heading said.
I want and need to get going on my hooked pieces.  I have 2 that are for Christmas that are finished except for binging.
I do not know how to do it but I do have instructions so I think it’s do-able.
Hopefully I can get into the rug hooking and stick with it – I’m anxious and way over due.

Over on my selling blog  http://kmprimitives.blogspot.com/  I still have the Tree Pillow and the Olde World Santa Journals for sale.
Go check them out.
Tree pillow
Back side of pillow
pillow back
Journals 

Don’t know how a squirrel got up on this wreath on our front door without knocking it down but he did and he planted a Black Walnut right in the center…I’m leaving it alone.
door wreath

Our little Zayne is growing so big everyday….we get to finally see him on Tuesday.  The last time was on the 22nd of Sept. for our anniversary dinner so I imagine he’s going to be a little tub!!!

Zayne in white jacket

So, can someone tell me how to get the ‘reply’ on my ‘comments’ for when someone comments and they don’t have a blog or e-mail?
Their comment shows up
noreply-comment@blogger.com.
I would love to be able to reply to their comments…thank you in advance’.

Hope all is well with  you out there in blog land.
Blessings to all
Karen

26 comments:

  1. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your blog!!! So many great ideas. I even had to get a stove like yours for my DH's man cave downstairs :) I'm in NW PA and there seems to be no shortage of prim furniture/decorations here. Makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Colleen, thanks for visiting and commenting - now for someone wanting a stove like mine that is amazing...it's a plain ole flat top range...but how nice. PA does have some wonderful shopping doesn't it???
      Karen

      Delete
  2. Karen you wear me out!!! lol....You are one nonstop lady. I am so glad you have help with all the painting and redoing....I stripped wall paper from the walls in our house...horrible job...All your new finds are great.. looking forward to decorating here for Christmas... I do believe I will start a little early this year.. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Karen, you have a lot going on.
    Love all of your finds.
    And the re-modeling is looking great!
    That baby boy is a doll!
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww the baby boy is so sweet ..
    Your blog is so sweet and I always loves your finds..
    Sending you big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are always so upbeat & cheerful ~ I love that about you!
    Your shopping trip looks like it was a ton of fun and all of your goods are perfect :)
    L

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowza Karen, you always have so much to show and share! I enjoy it all, but can't remember what all I was going to comment on! LOL
    anyway, all your goodies looked great and it's always fun to re-do a room or two!

    Have a great wkend!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen; I love love love looking at your goodies. You have such great taste. I sent you an email about one of your Christmas books. Hopefully I got the email right. Let me know.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always an enjoyable visit. Lots of goodies to browse and a cutie pie too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lots of great things going on at your house! great the boys are working on it! looking good! love the purchases! all things, just wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow karen....you are so busy.....running around all over the place....looks like you did good on your trip.....lots of nice stuff......I love your tree pillow......have a great weekend....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute little baby. Just love that sheep pillow. We're remodeling two bedrooms and have a catch all room to. Hopefully it will be cleaned out and remodeled to. Now your fall decorations down plan sounds like a excellent plan. Wonderful treasures you found.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Would love to know more about your Abe cupboard print.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you ever stop Karen. It must be the name..haha. I love your Christmas stockings and the Christmas cupboard prints. Can't wait to see all your Christmas decorations. The doll is so cute. I love the outlook from your front door. What a cheeky squirrel.
    Blessings, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Karen, your remodeling is awesome! I am like you the day after Thanksgiving I start decorating for Christmas. Love all of your goodies from Pa. I was able to stop at Cocalico and love it! Love all of your goodies. Love that Arnette Santa, he would be hard to part with.
    Beautiful wool. Hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Stuff Karen .... we shop at all the same
    stores in PA ... have to keep my eyes open
    just may bump into you one time.
    EnJoy the Season .... the hectic and the calm.
    Blessings & Hugs ~ Connie xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you had a really fun time in Pa.! Love all the remodeling...that is some closet!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  17. love that little doll! good luck with the hooking.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are sure one busy girl! Everything looks wonderful. Just wanted to give you a heads up that we are doing a spring show (inside) on March 22 and the Harvest At The Mill again on September 6. Enjoy your Sunday, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  19. man, are you busy!!!!!!!!! but that is good...I always love this time of year too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Karen, You have such a wonderful decorating style. I love to see all the treasures you find when you are out and about. Cannot wait to see how you decorate for the holidays! : )

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Karen, Do you ever just sit? lol I love all your goodies, you seem to find such wonderful shops. Your grandson is just toooo cute.

    Enjoy your day, Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  22. Karen, wow you have been busy! I am in awe of all of the fun things you brought back from PA! Thanks for sharing all of your pictures! The house is going to be great!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like a lovely and productive trip! I get the itch to pain and organize at this time of year, too. We used to have a lot of wallpaper in our house and have now stripped it all off. It is a bear of a job even when the wall has been primed before the paper was applied. So sweet of your grands to help with that! ~Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow..I kept thinking of what to say about all the different things as I saw them and then cant remember it all except to say it all looks great and especially like the little doll with the name on it. When we had to strip wallpaper in the one older house someone told us to try diluting some downy with water in spray bottle and it worked great and room smelled great too. You are lucky to have all that help and everything is turning out great..Can't wait to see it all when done..especially the big closet (Oh and love the brass bed too) Have fun and keep the posts coming ...Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  25. What wonderful treasures! I may need to stop at Country Freckles this weekend. I am heading up to Tomah for all the great stores in town there have their Christmas open house.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

So glad you came to visit - feel free to leave a comment.
I will try and answer as many as I can - maybe not immediately but I will get to you!

Karen