Monday, June 28, 2010

Wholesale Cash & Carry, 2nd Birthday

Last Sunday my youngest grandson, Aidan, turned 2 – I know, we all say this but it seems like he was just born a while back…how these two years flew by.

Darren and MaryAnn had just the immediate
family at their house for his little party and also Father’s Day.

I’ll just share a few photos of his day
and then tell you what I found at Wholesale!

When we first arrived no one was in the pool but that soon
changed – before Aidan went in he was wet from head to toe
from playing at the edge of the pool.

Aidan pool

Darren and Aidan
Darren and Aidan 

Grandchildren Joe (10), Darren, Aidan (2) and Emily (12)
Em and Joe went in the pool at 1:00 and came out for dinner at 5:00
They came to our house the next day and they were so
exhausted that all three of us read the entire day
3 grandchildren

Grandson Jesse (21) and Granddaughter Alexandra (17)
Jese and Alex

Aidan couldn’t take anymore after being in the pool!
Aidan Sleeping

Aidan cake
Cake

His cousin gave him the cutest pair of
black high top Converse Tennis Shoes
Aidan and shoes

(Darren and MaryAnn are as brown as little berries
from being in the pool all the time!!!!)
Aidan and gifts

Today was Wholesale Cash & Carry in Madison – we got there at 7:30 and got in line – doors opened up at 8:00 and the rush was on.

We found a wonderful Wall Bowl Cupboard, Long American Flag, set of Americana Tins, Confederate Doll, Dried Clove scented split Oranges, Snuffer Candle Holders, 12 x 16 Black Framed Declaration of Independence, 2 Potted Lavender Plants

There might be a small thing or two that I forgot about but tomorrow when I take pictures I will put them on here – just wanted to let you know I’ll be showing some American things tomorrow or Wednesday.
Plus, after going to the Wholesale Show we stopped off at a golf course half way home and did ‘9’ holes – that was my first this season plus I got to use my new clubs and shoes!!!
Guess I’m needing some lessons….

I’m going to have 4 full days of ‘ME’ time
this week….husband is heading for Alberta, Canada 
this afternoon ‘till Saturday –

Seems he’s never home anymore - ‘Snap-On Tools’ is doing great business for the number of trucks
they have been making and delivering!

I have a couple
new orders so will probably work on them to keep busy.

Thanks everyone who come visit me – I appreciate and enjoy your comments and visits.

Enjoy!   Karen

11 comments:

  1. HAPPY 2 ND BIRTHDAY TO AIDEN... SO CUTE !!
    HURRY WITH THE PICTURES, GIRL... YOU KNOW HOW I LOVE PICTURES.. DID YOU SEE MY ROOM MAKE-OVERS THAT MY GIRLS AND SISTER DID... LOVE IT...BEDROOM AND KITCHEN..

    GOOD JOB AT CASH & CARRY ...
    BLESSINGS,
    MAURINE..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we all say I can't believe time has passed so fast. They will always be our babies no matter how old. Your grandson is so dear. I love his name too. My Granddaughter will turn 3 in two weeks. It has gone fast. If my sons schedule & mine can click I would like to have a party for my Granddaughter in the gazebo. Your pool looks so cool. It has been so hot here & with no air I am more than cooked these days. All your goodies sound wonderful. I will be watching for pics soon. Blessings to you & yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen.. That little darling looks like his Grandma and I bet I am not the first one to say so..lol..
    I think you had a great fun shopping ! Wish I could go with you..lol.
    Have a great day..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen my baby(also Aidan) hraduated high school yesterday so I know all about them growing fast! It seems so odd to see his name and spelled the same too. When he was born no one had heard of the name and now it is so popular with little ones. Glad he had a fun birthday and cant wait to see all your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see a typo...that was supposed to say GRADUATED!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a wonderful time for everyone. Oh how I remember those days...so much innocent fun. Aiden looks big now!...LOL
    Golf on such a busy day?! Your the energizer bunny.
    Can't wait to see your treasures, they sound so unique!
    Take Care!, Dale

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, You have a BEAUTIFUL family,I have to say you are a HOT looking Grandmother because you do NOT look like a Grammy!!!

    Aiden is a so beautiful, they sure do grow up fast and I would have LOVED a piece of that Birthday cake, YUMMY!!

    I will be waiting to see all you goodies you got at the cash and carry, I knew I should go shopping with you, LOL!!!!!!

    Have a great day friend.

    Love and Hugs,
    tricia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen you have a very handsome family and the pool looked very inviting too! Our grandchildren grow so quickly don't they? Family time is very precious.
    Blessings to you and yours~
    Sheila @ Country Impressions

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karen,

    Don't know where in Alberta your hubby is going to be but if he is near Edmonton we have a Great Country store Called It's A Crock just outside of Edmonton, in Leduc Alberta. It is on the way to Edmonton or from Edmonton into Calgary.
    It is advertised in the Country Sampler as well.If he has the time you should get him to stop and pick you up a treat I'm sure you wouldn't be dissapointed! Need directions just let me know and I can help you out. Been a follower of yours for awhile need to start up my own blog just not sure how to go about it.

    Evelyn mchappy@shaw.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a beautiful family Karen! It thrills my heart to read and see pictures of families getting together to celebrate and enjoy each other. I wish we could all slow down and live a more simple life full of family and friends. You are so blessed my friend! But I know you already know that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice post.thanks to share .............

    ReplyDelete

So glad you came to visit - feel free to leave a comment.
I will try and answer as many as I can - maybe not immediately but I will get to you!

Karen