Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Went to SERENDIPITY FARM

FIRST…I want to say that I don’t know why Blogger or Google+ doesn’t let some of you post a comment.
I have it open to ANYONE except ‘anonymous’.
And…some of you are getting a ‘no-reply’ and I’ve been seeing that more and more.
I’ve done all the ‘fixes’ I can think of.  So…if you can’t comment, just send me an email – I’d still love to hear from you!

Pineapple line art

Oh what an experience – but you really need to go there to get the real feel…the pictures don’t do it justice…if there is ‘justice’ to a place like this…basically all I saw was ‘stuff’ but others might see ‘treasures’.
There are buildings and stuff everywhere, so one would think it’s chaos…but HIPPY TOM has it all in order according to him.

If you are not familiar with’ Hippy Tom’ he was on American Pickers quite awhile back and since then he has become even more popular

http://www.history.com/shows/american-pickers/videos/hippie-tom?m=518971cc2879e

I went to his place about 30 years ago when it was just a large building and he sold lots of perennials and annuals and a little yard art. Goodness has it grown since.  Not sure why I haven’t been to his place since because it’s just the next town over!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hippie-Tom/152191281469371

Normally we see him at the Elkhorn flea market and he has some nice things to pick through but I didn’t really see one thing that caught my eye except for a stained glass window – oh how I would to have  brought it home but there’s no place to put it so it stayed.

Hippy Tom being over run with questions – and I’d like to say…he’s one of the nicest people I’ve met.  He lives with his wife in a beautiful old house on the property.
Serendipty 1

Serendipity 2

Serendipity 3

Serendipity 4

Serendipity 5

This church was my favorite building
Serendipity 6

Serendipity 7

Serendipity 9

Serendipity 10

Serendipity 11

Serendipity 12

Bicycles hanging in a tree!
Serendipity 13

Serendipity 14

The “Buoy’ tree
Serendipity 15

Serendipity 16

Serendipity 17

Serendipity 18

Serendipity 19

Serendipity 20

The ‘Christmas tree stand’ tree
Serendipity 21

Serendipity 22

The barn with chairs everywhere…even hanging from the rafters.
Serendipity 8

And that stained glass window I would have loved to have.
Serendipity 23

There were so many things I could have taken pictures of but I like the buildings the best.

Hope you enjoyed your tour of Serendipity Farm – if you get in the area of his next show stop in and see what new things Hippy Tom has.
Karen

26 comments:

  1. Hi Karen! What an awesome place! I could spend days there! LOL! So much to see and sift through!
    I enjoyed your pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see so much stuff and treasures that I'm sure would like to live with me in some form!
    Margo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margo - thanks for the comment. You are one of the 'no-reply- so I'm posting here.
      Have a great day
      Karen

      Delete
  3. Looks like a fun place to spend a day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Penny - well you are one that I don't get notifications from as well - not sure why!!
      Thanks for visiting
      Karen

      Delete
  4. Wow, I'd say that's a lot of stuff! Looks like a fun place to look around!! I love the church building too :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim - sorry I have to comment to you here but you come up as a 'no-reply'.
      Thanks for visiting!
      Karen

      Delete
  5. Hi Karen,
    WOW!! What a treasure trove!!!! I would love to wander around and soak it all in!! I remember that episode on AP and thought then how much fun a trip there would be!! Thanks for taking me along!!
    Love that window too!!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen! I went to Tom's sale on Friday. It's always a hoot, but like you I never find much, if anything, to buy. Most of it looks pretty rough. But it is an awesome place to go to, that's for sure. My dad was an antique/junker back in the day and Tom used to buy quite a bit from my dad's twice a year auctions. Not sure if you were an auction goer, but my dad had on farm on Hwy K between North Cape & Waterford and had over 65 auctions. Thanks for the Tom post! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth - thank you for visiting and yes...lots of fun. We were in awe at all the buildings he had accumulated over the years.
      Very pretty setting.
      Blessings
      Karen

      Delete
  8. What an amazing place. I would be taking pictures the whole time! Thanks for a great tour. Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maggie - thank you for visiting. Can't wait until he has another open house sale...I'm hoping that stained glass piece is still there...but if it is I can bet he had a high price on it.
      Blessings
      Karen

      Delete
  9. What a great place. That stain glass window is gorgeous. I've always wanted one too. I have to tell you the tree stands hanging in the trees made me smile. What a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca - and you too are a 'no-reply' so I have to leave my reply to you on here...sorry.
      I mentioned to someone else that I may have to see if that stained glass window is still available but I doubt it by now - it was a beautiful piece.
      Oh he had so many tree decoration - I had pictures of a few others but decided I had enough pictures on.
      Thanks for visiting.
      Karen

      Delete
  10. There's lots of neat stuff, but I agree, the buildings are wonderful! And they are all on his property!? Wow! I have never heard of him before or his farm before. I'd love to visit someday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my Karen ~ I've seen him on t.v. but didn't realize he opened up his place ~ what a fun place to search for treasures! Loved all the pics!
    Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  12. He does tours???? I would love to go, he is awsome. I saw him a long time ago when he was on American Pickers. He was actually on 2 times. His place is prim awsome and neat as a pin and VERY interesting.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your photos are way cool! I also love the stained glass piece. I even have a couple of
    places to put it. I'll keep my eyes open for something like that. Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia - sorry I have to leave a reply here but your comments come to me as a 'no-reply' - wish this would get fixed soon!
      I just may have to go back there sometime and see if that stained glass piece is still there. I doubt it very much as we were there on opening day and it went on through Sunday.
      Thanks for visiting
      Karen

      Delete
  14. Oh my goodness.. I have never seen anything like it.. grin.. The little buildings are rather sweet but so much stuff... grin Nice experience, though.. Take care, my friend.. xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw this episode of Pickers. Love the buildings and there are a few things that I would love to have but otherwise too much "stuff" for me! We have been downsizing and everything I let go makes me feel so much lighter and freer. I would like to see this place. May have to place it on our bucket list if we are ever in that area. Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like an awesome place to visit. Would have been a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Karen,this is really a neat place. I love the old buildings. Sometimes I wish I hadn't moved so far south. I would love to see this place. That window was gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE that chair and your post Karen!!!!!
    I want to try and make it to Hippie Toms in October, marked it on my calendar.
    Happy 4th!
    Hugs
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete

So glad you came to visit - feel free to leave a comment.
I will try and answer as many as I can - maybe not immediately but I will get to you!

Karen