Monday, May 16, 2016

So much going on!!!

How does one start when there has been such a lull???
Well I guess I back up to last month - and this month is already half over.
I don't know about you all but time goes so fast and you really don't realize it until you look back...scary!  It's like you don't have a feeling of 'time' - a week or 2 weeks seems like it was just a day or two ago...okay, I won't go there anymore...but it just seemed to hit me this past few weeks how fast time does go by.

So what has been happening in my neck of the woods - well, not a lot of interesting things but we did go down to TN to visit my sister again and it was so nice seeing her and her family. I miss my big sis being close but I don't have any control over where she lives...so we travel to see her.  
While there we stopped in at a wonderful place called 'The Gallery' and I found a wonderful large basket that is going to get some Geraniums in it.

(remember you can click on the pictures to view larger)















~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Two weeks ago we went to Springfield, IL for a wholesale trade show and we had time when we arrived the day before so we went to the Abraham Lincoln Museum and it was the BEST!!!  I love this kind of history and the museum left me with wanting more.
If you get to Springfield, go to the museum and his home - you won't be disappointed.
I won't show more than these three pictures as there were several.


























Lincoln's Home














~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I did find just a couple things at the show and one is this doll that is for sale on my other site 'KM Primitives'.
http://kmprimitives.blogspot.com/



















She has beautiful red hair and carries a key around her neck.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Well, Spring does not want to come and stay with us here in the mid-west, but we did take advantage of it last month to get the mulch down and trees trimmed and one cut down.  Good job done and we have our sons and grandsons to thank for it.

We had an ornamental Pear tree in the back corner and it seems to grow up so straight and ugly so we had our son Brett take it down....plus it was in the back and we never got to enjoy the flowers anyway.

























All finished and deciding who did the most work - no, they all worked themselves bone tired.















Eventually the flowers on the Service Berry bush came out but it was so windy and rainy that they fell of almost as soon as they came on. (these are not this years Service Berry's)






























There are now flowers planted in this area















Our son Dan caught this shot of Aidan under a bush - he quietly peeked around the corner of the house to get the shot - I love it.











~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And again it is Rhubarb season and yesterday I baked my first 
Rhubarb cake (recipe is above under 'Favorite Recipes')

















~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Oh my gosh - I think my mind has kind of gone wonky as well from those pain meds...Know what this is?
















It's one of these!!!  The little plastic drip tray for under the George Forman grill that I use for making Panini sandwiches  :(





















I went to make Panini sandwiches Saturday and after I turned it on we smelled this plastic odor - hummmm - lifted the lid and sure enough - a perfectly formed tray totally melted but fortunately it pulled right off - and YES, I let the grill get hotter and hotter to burn off any odor.
But the sandwiches turned out delicious as usual
















~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Aidan did take his First Communion and it brought tears to my eyes - we were so proud and blessed by it.
He was chosen to carry the wine.







Taking Communion





















~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And lastly - I have Two more Punch Needle designs on my KM Primitives site and am almost finished with another.
http://kmprimitives.blogspot.com/

This one is Peahen & Posies

And this one is Watering Can & Purple Coneflowers

Thanks again for stopping by - I will hopefully get some time to do some Blog hopping later today and visit you all!
Karen

18 comments:

  1. Karen, So very sorry going off the meds is difficult...you've made great headway. Someday, I will visit the Lincoln Library. It's something I really hope to do. Blessings to all your family and best wishes,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well what do you know? we both blogged the same day! lol I love that basket. It will be spectacular with your geraniums. I love Springfield too. Beth and Ryan did their residencies there and lived there for 5 years. We did all the Lincoln things several times as we made many visits each year. Andrew called him Neighborham Lincoln for a long time. I wish your sister was closer so you could visit me on your Tn trip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear from you!
    Such sweet pictures of Aidan.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy your posts. First, what a great photo of Aiden. Plus, how proud you must be of him making his first communion. That is always a special time for a family. What a great basket! My sister lives in Florida and I live in Washington State. I do miss her! It's nice you had a visit with yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb
      It's hard living far from ones sister. She's my big sister so it's really hard for me. We were always doing things together until she go ill. I guess that life though.
      Blessings
      Karen

      Delete
  5. Karen,
    So happy to see your post. First, love the basket! And the pictures of Aidan are just so sweet. It's so wonderful that the guys did the heavy lifting of getting your yard ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna - nice to see you here!
      I miss all our chats on the forum - we need to reconnect.
      Oh yes, our boys are always there when we need them...good guys they are.
      Blessings
      Karen

      Delete
  6. Hello Karen, Glad you were able to visit the Lincoln Museum and home. I have been many times as I live across the state from Springfield. With a glimpse here and there of summer it seems like each day gets busier. Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris - thanks for stopping by.
      I think Spring is finally here.
      Oh yes, Springfield, what a beautiful city and so much to see and do.
      Karen

      Delete
  7. Thank you Karen for sharing your life and beautiful family with us~I agree seems now that the days just fly by into weeks~I hope you are feeling better and I continue to pray for your returned health~enjoy your beautiful family and life.
    Harvest House Designs
    J~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen. I really love your new diamond shape penny rug. But then I love everything you create. I love your iron bed. All of the baskets are beautiful with the punch needle. It dresses them up so nice.I love them all. I'm sure Aiden was so proud carrying the sacraments to the alter. His partner wore such a beautiful dress. Your yard work is gorgeous. I didn't know if your prickly pear did okay. Mine just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Glad you are doing so well. Take care.R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra - hope you receive this reply - not sure how this works lol
      Oh you should have seen some of the white dresses - they were more ruffled and elegant than a wedding dress.
      Thanks for the visit.
      Oh and our son took our prickly pear because it didn't like it here
      Karen

      Delete
  9. I think time goes so fast because everyone is so busy Thanks for catching us all u on your life and oh my goodness that picture of Aiden is the best! Also loved his first communion pictures.
    I think spring is finally here, enjoy.
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindi - thank you so much for the visit!
      Well hopefully Spring has shown up here as well - enough of the rain and wind.
      Karen

      Delete
  10. We have so much in common Karen, that it's scary! I really enjoy your posts and they inspire me to no end. Your family is just lovely! Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Pat
      Thanks for visiting and I know we are so much alike in some ways.
      Always nice seeing you here!
      Karen

      Delete
  11. Enjoyed the post. Will try the cake and I've always wanted a George Foreman grill, but never bought one. If I do, I'll think about your tray! Sweet photos of the youngsters.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are really busy person. I liked your sandwiches. It smells wonderful through your photo. ) your designs look so touching!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you came to visit - feel free to leave a comment.
I will try and answer as many as I can - maybe not immediately but I will get to you!

Karen