Thursday, July 18, 2019

BIRTHDAYS!!!

So much for an hour a week to do a post!
Looks like an hour a MONTH at this rate 😄

I do hope you all are having a great summer - so far it has been kind of a quiet one - mainly because of the heat and humidity of which I am not a fan of.  I suffer so from the humidity and I don't know why...seems my internal thermostat is off kilter.
And boy did we need rain - grass was starting to get crunchy but last night it thundered most of the night and by morning we had the best rain - it is still raining.   We have used the sprinkler system but there's nothing like the nutrients in rain to make grass get green in just a couple hours!


Anyway...on to what's happening here.
Last Sunday we had our whole family over here for a brunch to celebrate my 75th birthday - Our oldest son Darren (55) and youngest son Brett (50) have special birthdays coming up next month just 2 days apart.
So with me at 75 and them with 5's in their birthdays it was a perfect celebration.
Our granddaughter Alex and Great-Grandson Zayne even made it here as a surprise from Colorado!!!

I made sausage gravy and biscuits - it is a favorite with everyone (except me - not so much)



It was a very informal kind of brunch - quite relaxed!!!



I didn't set a formal table - everyone sat wherever they chose,
some were in the screen room as well.

Doug even made an ice cream cake !
It had a cookie base then mint chocolate chip ice cream, vanilla bean ice cream,
hot fudge sauce, whipped cream and sprinkles. It was a huge hit!!



Still busy making things for our Oct. show....I have so much fun with this,
it's not like work for me so I guess that's a good thing!


I love this punch needle piece - it's one of my designs. 
I mounted it on a rusty flat back bucket.

All these items are still a work in progress....

There will be white bells stitched on the front of these stocking and mitten ornaments

This long stocking will have a rusty bell in between the two rusty stars
and also a bell on the tip of the toe.

Gingerbread ornaments

Mini aged note books and some mini canvas board ornaments


Thanks for visiting me today!
Have a wonderful rest of your week
Karen

9 comments:

  1. Happiest of Birthdays, Karen and look how beautiful you are !!! What a wonderful family and celebration...that ice cream cake looks so darn good!!!!! I love your notebooks and canvases!! You are one energetic lady!! I was going to blog once a week as well....mine turned into almost three months!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happiest of birthdays! And here’s to many more! So wonderful to have so many of your family members there to celebrate with you!
    Love all the goodies you’re making for the show! You are a talented and busy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very Happy Birthday to you. I have you by one year! Remember when you thought 70 was very old, at least I did. I do love all the goodies you are getting ready for the Fall show. That cake looked so good! Hats off to your DH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! Love your goodies. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Looks like a wonderful gathering of family. Informal is the best kind of brunch. You have been busy. We are just going into the awful heat this weekend. yes we have had some but nothing that doesn't pass in a day. I am hoping next weekend is cooler.
    I hate the humid weather also.That's why I live in central NH.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen,
    A most Happy Birthday to you, and may I say you look AMAZING!!!!! Looks like everyone had a wonderful time celebrating and no wonder with all that yummy food!!!!
    All of your pieces for your upcoming show are lovely and I'm sure you will have many happy buyers!!! Time sure seems to be flying by quickly, doesn't it?? Hope you are staying cool and hydrated during this terrible heat wave!! We are hot here too, at 107 today, but our humidity is not as high and we stay indoors with Mr. AC!!!!
    Take care and have a great weekend, Karen!!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday. Your food looks delicious.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, you’ve made some beautiful things. Wow, the food looks so yummy. I’m not a huge fan of gravy, but I can’t see myself saying no to a biscuit. Maybe it’s the southern girl in me. Happy birthday to you. I’m so glad you got to celebrate it in a big way with family. What a great point you made about the rain bring the nutrients sprinklers cannot. I’d never thought about it that way, but you’re totally right. Happy summer, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and delicious moments of your family. Have a happy week. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you came to visit - feel free to leave a comment.
I will try and answer as many as I can - maybe not immediately but I will get to you!

Karen