Thursday, December 26, 2019

Christmas Past!

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas.
We had a wonderful one here at the Martinsen's - a house full of 16 of us!
The dinner table was out to the longest it will go and a table added to the end -not sure what we'll do if we add any more people to the family...right now we're good. Emily and Joe are in college and the other 3 are still in grade school so I think we are good for a few more years yet.




I took a few pictures of the house and had posted them on FB but thought I'd put a few here....
First I want to share my 'redware ornament' tree.
All last month I was painting them when I had time that is - I'm not totally happy
with them because it was my first time making them so in the next couple months
I want to make more and concentrate better on the designs.
I made some large plates as well to put on a shelf.
Here's the start of them....


Kitchen





Hall



Den





Dining Room











Family Room







Bedroom




Bathroom

Back Porch


Sorry there were so many pictures but I wanted to do just one Christmas post!


The week before Christmas we had our annual Cousins Christmas at our house.
We had a great time enjoying many different drinks and feasting on lots of appetizers and then
dinner of scalloped potatoes and a nice juicy ham with lots of sides
plus a couple different desserts.

I didn't get good pictures - sorry...




Last Thursday we went to our two grandchildren's Christmas program at their church school.
They all did such a wonderful job. Always fun listening to the different grades preform.
This was taken at their house just before the program.


Thanks so much for hanging in there for this long post!!!

Hope you are looking forward to the new year like we are - possibly a vacation someplace warm, at least we are thinking on it anyway - let's see if we do it now.
Blessings to all of you
Karen

9 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE those redware ornaments!! We used to have places that sold colonial style ornaments here but no longer. There were resin pears, apples, pineapples, redware and pewter plates, lots of miniature items like that. These are great! Enjoyed your wonderful home's decorations, you're lucky to have a room large enough to feed that many. Happy family memories in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had great family time. Your decorating for Christmas was wonderful. Exactly the style I love to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Christmas decorating, Karen. Your Christmas table looks wonderful with all the pops of red.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. All such pretty decorations. Your house is always so perfect. Looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas. Thank you for sharing photos with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what fun! LOVE your home! Everything was/is perfection!
    Joyful memories for all! 💚🎄❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen,
    Such a beautiful family and your home is just spectacular!! Enjoyed the Christmas tour so much!! Your redware ornaments are just wonderful and I think you did an amazing job on them!!
    Thanks so much for sharing your home and wishing you many blessings in 2020!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, Your home is decorated so cozy and festive,thank you for sharing the pictures. I'm sure your family enjoyed being in your home and all together.

    Blessing to you and your family this new year of 2020.

    Hug's, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful Christmas you and your family enjoyed in your beautiful home! Wishing you health and happiness in 2020.
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where are you getting the redware that you are painting? I am intiruged by the ornaments.
    Your blog display is very well done. I enjoyed my visit.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you came to visit - feel free to leave a comment.
I will try and answer as many as I can - maybe not immediately but I will get to you!

Karen