Friday, February 4, 2022

HAS IT REALLY BEEN THAT LONG??

Holy Moly I can't believe I haven't posted since August!
A lot has happened since then...we had another great In-Home show the first of October
and did a little mini vacation to PA and then up into NY to visit our grandson
who is working on a drilling team.  It was short but fun.

In November we went to IL to a few antique/primitive shows and found a few things.
Some for us some for our business.
And also saw a few friends from FB
(and one who lives near us)

Here's just a few items we found


Chalkware Santa



Wonderful old sled

Old metal skates


Wool roving to use for sheep and hair

Favorite purchase
Tin light from Carriage House Lighting

And we found a few more vintage ornaments

These note pads were hard to pass up so I bought 2!!

2 pieces of res/ivory wool and
and an army blanket

Small little blackened beeswax turkey

We met a great antique dealer "Joe Cardetti'
Friend from FB


Another FB friend Sally Strom Joller

Tina Nikkila who lives near us was there as well
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Look at this gorgeous turkey!
It looks like blackened beeswax doesn't it?
It's not though - made from some kind of resin
and I got it from Hobby Lobby!!


If you were bored with the first part of this post
I'm sorry - but it has been so long there's lots stored up.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Jan. 14th my husband Doug celebrated his 80th birthday.
I threw him a birthday party for a few friends and relatives.
It was such a great day.
Our granddaughter wanted to contribute so she asked if she could
 make the cake...yes..for sure you can I said.
It was her first ever attempt at baking from scratch
and especially a birthday cake.
I told her to keep it simple and not fru-fru looking.
She did a great job. 
 



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Two weeks ago we saw a chair on FB Markeplace
in Illinois about 45 minute drive for us 
so we went to look at the chair and loved it.
We love having the Chair and a half instead of a 
single chair - we sold the one chair we had so this 
one would work...and we love it..
Now we have two Chair and a half
The picture isn't bright so I took a shot of the chair by itself
It shows the true colors and they work great with
our other furniture colors.
(they both have footstools but we stored them, it would be too cluttered with them)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Oh one more thing...our winter project
We are trying our hand at making a floorcloth!

Doug making a large flat surface to work on

Canvas has been primed with two coats of primer

Need to put 2-3 coats of base color on
Next step will be stenciling the designs.
Stencils are being shipped today.
Then it will get an antique glaze to tone down the color.
Then the sealer.
Keep tuned!!!

Karen





8 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Doug! You found some wonderful things. I always call the chair and a half ones a gramma's chair. hope you show your floor cloth when it is done. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see a post from you Karen. You certainly have a full life...and obviously lots of energy. Happy Belated Birthday to Doug! His cake looks fantastic! Quite the accomplishment if this was her first attempt. I LOVE your new chair! I so wish I had one.... I have a (large) cat who loves to sit in my chair next to me and the two of just have a tight, tight fit LOL. Unfortunately, there is no room here. I don't even have room for a full-size couch. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you show the rest of the process for the floor cloth I have been interested in making one. You have been very busy since you last posted.
    wonderful chair
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great celebration for your guy. I bought a 2x3 pre primed to try a floorcloth project. I can't get it to lie flat and it's been months!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen! So happy to see your post - you always have so many interesting things going on. Your granddaughter did a fabulous job on the cake. So sweet. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the floor cloth, I did one using a large piece of vinyl flooring, and using the back, worked great,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those turkeys and the Santa wild be most welcome in my collections. Gorgeous! That cake looks very professional. Kudos to your granddaughter! Wow!
    I’ve long wanted to make a floor cloth. Please keep us posted on your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so looking forward to your completed floorcloth. I know it is going to be exquisite and perfect. I hope you will post more of your steps here on your blog.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you came to visit - feel free to leave a comment.
I will try and answer as many as I can - maybe not immediately but I will get to you!

Karen