Tuesday, April 2, 2024

HAPPY APRIL!!

 I'm surprising myself with a post so soon. I was determined to not let a year go in between posts.

I really don't have much to talk about but I just feel connected if I do. 
I honestly miss blogging so not sure why I'm not better at it.

Spring came in very mild then turned quite cold and now it has been raining off and on since last Friday.  Its a wet gloomy day so a good one to be blogging.

As you know we are not in our permanent condo. We went out to the place they are building ours. We decided to not take the one we were thinking on, but the one further down and not so close to the highway/bypass.  But, being we changed our minds it puts us later in the year. Instead of the first part if July it will be more like September! As long as we aren't moving in winter I guess its okay.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I've been selling 'MYSTERY PENNY RUGS' the last couple months....it has been fun.
The customer doesn't know what it will look like, just the size and price. 
So far my customers have been happy so I will probably keep going with it till summer.
This is my customer Debbie, the last on I delivered 2 weeks ago.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I have been making and selling this adorable Folk Art Bird Punch Needle in between stitching penny rugs.  My friend Teresa Miller's son has been making the boards I mount them on.
The pattern is from https://www.facebook.com/robin.leuschen , you can also find her design on Etsy. https://www.etsy.com/shop/BirdInTheHandPrims?


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Three weeks ago I was searching Marketplace on FB and came across a lady in IL who was selling her saltglaze so we took the half hour drive there and came home with these goodies. 
We don't purchase saltglaze for the value of it, but what pleases us to look at and these pleased us.
They are pretty much 12 to 14 inches tall so not too big.



These are not in the greatest condition but I love them just the same. 
I am not sure what you would call them but I think maybe a batter bowl.

This bowl is not in the greatest shape but I love it too....I like that just the inside is glazed.
I've been putting my spring tulips in it.



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Last month we had card club at our place and I tried a new recipe that was soooo simple.
Frozen puff pastry a can of cherry pie filling and cream cheese!
Puff Pastry Cherry Danish 
https://iambaker.net/cherry-danish/


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reproduction Civil War era fabric is one of the little things that makes
me happy....I use it on the backs of my penny Rugs.
I was getting really low on one of my favorite patterns. I had purchased some in Lancaster 2 years ago and ran out...last September I asked my cousin if she'd go see if there was some more of it...
there was so she bought the last 3 yards they had.
I was determined to find it again - so I did a search and found it in two places.
One was for $15.99 a yard the other $10.99 a yard...
no brainer there. And the cheaper one was at the store
I originally bought it from in Lancaster!!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Prior to making penny rugs and the other punch needle for customers
I designed a couple new patterns for my website/Etsy.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/kmprimitives?ref=hdr_shop_menu


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
When we moved in December my husband talked me into putting our tank vacuum
out to the curb for trash pickup - I had regretted that since because most
floors here are flat surface and that
old vacuum did the job well.  Soooo, I went online last week and found one.
It's not a brand I've ever heard of but oh boy does it work great!!!

That's it for me thank goodness, right? lol
See you soon
Karen

6 comments:

  1. Hello Karen! So glad to hear from you. Hoping you love your new home, and get moved in asap. More beautiful items you've made. I still love and use the wool penny rug that you made for me some years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Danice, thank you so much. Second move can't come soon enough!!!

      Delete
  2. I love everything you do! What a find to get the pottery. I suppose I should join Facebook to see some of these finds myself, but I just hesitate going down that rabbit hole. Please continue to post and inspire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, thank you for visiting me !!!
      I'm torn about FB - sometimes it is a good thing and then again it's not. But I do know I gathered many many friends from it. Some I can call 'dear' friends. And I even had contact with long lost relatives I never new.
      Thanks again Mary!
      Have a great day
      Karen

      Delete
  3. Your days have certainly been full - and fruitful! I absolutely love that penny rug! Wonderful crockery pieces you bought. Your new condo is going to be adorned spectacularly. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds! I see so many fantastic purchases on primitive posts that were found on Marketplace. Here, nada!! Penny rug is sooooo nice!!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you came to visit - feel free to leave a comment.
I will try and answer as many as I can - maybe not immediately but I will get to you!

Karen